It’s my first summer in Spain and I’m realizing why they have siesta. The temperature often hits over 30C and when it gets up to 37C I cease to function. Of course, that doesn’t stop me from turning on the oven to make ice cream cones. Thankfully, this protein-enhanced strawberry ice cream is super quick to make and just as creamy, dreamy (and cooling!) as you want it to be. Mix in fresh strawberries or pile a bunch on top for even more decadence.
- 1.5-2 cups frozen strawberries
- Coconut cream (the fat from 1 preferably chilled can of full fat coconut milk)*
- 1 serving vanilla MOVE Protein
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice (optional)
- ice cream cones
- fresh strawberries
- Use a blender or food processor to combine strawberries, coconut, vanilla, and protein. Blend until ice creamy! If you need a little liquid to get the blender going, add the leftover coconut liquid 1-2 teaspoons at a time. If your mix is too runny, add more frozen berries.
- Serve immediately with ice cream cones and fresh strawberries or freeze in an air tight container.
* Stick the can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight (or for a few hours in the freezer) to make taking out the fat easier. If you haven’t done that and you need ice cream NOW, use a spoon to scoop out the fat delicately, tipping off any extra liquid that you can.